"Hold still, Mr. Weasley." Severus carefully applied burn paste and loosely wrapped the hand. His eyes raised to meet Charlie's, eyebrow quirked as he fought the grin pulling at the corner of his mouth.

Charlie's embarrassed blush deepened into an awkward flush as he met Severus' gaze head-on. He blinked once, twice, before looking away and clearing his throat. "Thank you, uh, for..." He paused.

"For healing you before I laughed at your foolishness?" Severus' strength against the grin was weakening. Once Charlie met his gaze again, frowning petulantly, Severus knew the battle was lost. He grinned widely, then erupted into deep chortles that filled the forest clearing. "For saving the big, strong dragon keeper from a Muggle campfire?"

Charlie gave Severus something akin to Molly's patented Look. "I was going to thank you for bringing me to the shores of Great Bear Lake to observe the summer breeding grounds of the Greater-Clawed Nunavut White, and I was going to thank you for camping Muggle-style so our magical signatures didn't scare off the nested males, but..." Charlie's grumbling was cut short by a still-chuckling Severus leaning forward to capture his mouth in an almost-chaste kiss.

Eyeing the pile of sweets completed before Charlie's dramatic, albeit poorly thought-through, rescue attempt for a marshmallow that had fallen into the fire, Severus asked, "So what are these infernal Muggle confections?"

Charlie reached for one as he explained, "Graham cracker, toasted marshmallow, and cheap chocolate - Hermione said they're a North American camping tradition." He licked his lips, leaning forward as he watched Severus' pink tongue dart out to wet his own lips in response.

"S'more?"

Severus gingerly took the oozing concoction and licked a path up the side where melting chocolate escaped the crackers, his eyes never leaving Charlie's. "Indeed."